AREA #2: Preserve our environment
The efforts implemented by the LISI Group to reduce its environmental footprint focus on managing and optimizing its consumption of energy, water which is necessary in certain production processes, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and deploying renewable energies. Targets have thus been set for 2030 with intermediate stages.
What has been achieved in 2021
- The reference to 2018 is no longer relevant today due to the occurrence of the health crisis, which justifies that the following data be compared to 2020.
- Water consumption:
-12.8% vs. 2020 in gross value.
-10% vs 2020 for consumption on value added on a constant scope basis.
- Energy consumption:
+8.6% vs. 2020 in gross value.
+11.5% vs 2020 for consumption on value added on a constant scope basis. This deterioration is mainly related to the drop in added value.
- Greenhouse Gas:
326,814 TC02 issued in 2021 (partial 1+2+3 scope) i.e.
-20% compared to 2020 and -36% compared to 2019.
Our objectives for 2023
- 5% energy savings (based on added value) compared to 2019.
- No dependence on water in areas with water stress.
- 10% renewable energy produced or purchased.
Our ambitions for 2030
- 10% energy savings (based on added value) compared to 2019.
- 30% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to 2019 (in absolute value).
- 20% renewable energy produced or purchased.
LISI AUTOMOTIVE Delle
Forge 2022: a model building
The ongoing transfer of the Bologne forge to Chaumont
(France, East Region) will give rise to a 24,000 m2 building
designed with the latest technologies in terms of energy
saving, cogeneration and recycling. The electro-intensive site
will partly use green gas from a neighboring methane plant.
The recovery of rainwater will make the site sober for
industrial and sanitary consumption.
Heat recovery from the machines will also heat the building. Delivery is scheduled for July 2022.
Contributing to the lightweighting of vehicles and aircraft
- LISI AUTOMOTIVE works in close collaboration with its manufacturer customers to develop specific solutions for hybrid and electric vehicles (see also p. 73 and 74, LISI AUTOMOTIVE performance.)
- LISI AEROSPACE participates in the development of innovative solutions for the design and assembly of the aircraft of tomorrow (see also p. 70 and 71, LISI AEROSPACE performance.)